Gothenburg Artificial Intelligence Alliance (GAIA) is a non-profit association promoting the interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science in Gothenburg and the surrounding area. Founded in October 2018 by merging the organisation behind the Machine Learning and Data Science (GBG) Meetup and the first GAIA conference held in April 2018.
GAIA offers knowledge-sharing and networking through regular events. Meetups are held roughly bi-monthly and the conference is held annually in spring. Between events, members can engage through the GAIA Slack.
More information about this year’s conference
Become a member
By becoming a member, you become a part of our community and organisation. Together we form GAIA and help build the community. By joining, you connect with hundreds of other like-minded people.
With the membership comes the right to vote at our annual meeting, e.g. to elect the board that runs the organisation. We have a small annual membership fee of 50 SEK (2019). You sign up by filling in the form below and paying the fee through Swish. You will get more information on how to pay for your membership after submitting the form.
By joining, you agree to our organisational by-laws.
At the core of GAIA are our events. They are open to everyone, but registration is always needed. Our smaller events, or meetups, are free of charge. Our events are published in the events section. The events are popular and fill up quickly.
In spring we hosted our main event of the year: The GAIA Conference. Information about the program and more is available on the conference page.
- Sep 4, 2019 Model Interpretability - speaker: Marko Cotra, hosts: Altran Sep 4, 2019
- Jun 18, 2019 Summer After Work Jun 18, 2019
- May 2019
- Apr 9, 2019 GAIA Conference 2019 Apr 9, 2019
- Jan 15, 2019 Strategies in low-data regimes Jan 15, 2019
- Nov 7, 2018 Deep learning for technical computations and equation solving Nov 7, 2018
- Oct 2, 2018 First annual meeting of Gothenburg Artificial Intelligence Alliance Oct 2, 2018
- Aug 28, 2018 Recommender Systems pt.2 Aug 28, 2018
- Jun 19, 2018 Recommender Systems pt.1 Jun 19, 2018
- May 28, 2018 Atomize – Intelligent pricing for the hospitality industry May 28, 2018
- Apr 10, 2018 GAIA Conference Apr 10, 2018